Pittsburgh Divorce Process
Let a Pittsburgh Divorce Attorney Fight for Your Rights!
Every state has different laws and regulations regarding divorce and family law issues. If you are dealing with matters of paternity, spousal support, equitable distribution, or child custody, it is imperative that you speak with a local attorney who understands the laws of your specific case. At the Rosen Family Law Group we have over 25 years of combined legal experience, helping families through Allegheny County and Washington County. Our team could review your case for free and provide you with the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Read through the topics below to learn more about how we could help you.
- Choosing an Attorney - If you are considering filing for a divorce, one of the first decisions you will have to make is choosing the right legal representative to help you through the process. There are several different considerations that you will have to take into account, including personality, expertise, affordability, effectiveness, and more. It is important to meet with several different lawyers so that you are confident that you are in good hands.
- Deciding About Divorce - Before you choose an attorney, you will have to face the decision of whether or not divorce is right for you. No two situations are exactly alike and there is no cookie-cutter answer to this all-important question. However, discussing your case with a legal representative could prove to be invaluable as it means that every consideration will be taken into account.
- Motions Court - Most family law and divorce issues are heard at motions court rather than at trial. The judge can have up to 40 cases to hear and does not have time to discuss each case at length. Due to this fact, it is in your best interests to have a strong legal advocate on your side.
- Negotiations - Many if not most of divorce cases are able to be settled through negotiation rather than having to be brought to court. By gathering all the information you need, discussing your situation, negotiating a settlement, you could be able to find a successful resolution to your case.
- Tax Consequences - One of the issues that you will have to take into consideration when dealing with a divorce is the consequences it will have on taxes. Your situation should be reviewed by a divorce lawyer and a financial professional so that you are not caught unawares.
Request a consultation today, call our Pittsburgh divorce lawyer at (412) 563-5000.