Call Today 412.563.5000
Featured Article
Can a PA court modify an alimony stipulation reached by the parties?
Can a PA court modify an alimony stipulation reached by the parties?

In a case of first impression, the Pennsylvania Superior Court dealt with an alimony stipulation between Husband and Wife. The stipulation modified a court-ordered alimony award. The question was: May the court then modify that stipulation between the parties or not? To find ...

Read More

Blog posts in Alimony

  • Case Notes: Attaching a disablity fund to pay Pennsylvania alimony

    The issue of attaching a disability fund with a "non-attachment clause" in order to pay alimony was the subject of the recent Pennsylvania Superior ...

    View More
  • Tax filing status during divorce proceedings

    Which tax filing status can you choose during a Pennsylvania divorce proceedings? The first thing to understand is that your tax status is determined ...

    View More
  • What is a bifurcated divorce?

    What is a bifurcated divorce? A bifurcated divorce is a process where the divorce decree is granted before the economic issues associated with the ...

    View More
  • Case Notes: The Entitlement Defense to Spousal Support

    The obligation to financially support a spouse prior to a divorce decree is known as Alimony Pendente Lite ("APL") or Spousal support. Generally, ...

    View More
  • Case Notes: Counsel Fees

    We often get questions about counsel fees. Can I make the other side pay my fees? When does the court order counsel fees? What if the other side has ...

    View More
  • Local Case Notes: Alimony, E.D.& counsel fees

    In the local Allegheny County PA case of Casper v. Casper , Judge Marmo issued a decision concerning parties who had married in 1985 and separted in ...

    View More
  • PA Supreme Court decision

    The Pennsylvania Supreme Court recently upheld our Superior Couirt victory in the case of Kent v. Kent (March 18, 2011). Appeals to the Pennsyvlania ...

    View More
  • Our Newest Published Case

    Our most recent Superior Court opinon is from the 2011 case of Kent v. Kent.. In that case, we argued that the trial court was right to accept our ...

    View More

Contact Our Firm Today

Your Desired Outcome Starts with an Initial Consultation.
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.